By Doina Chiacu and James Oliphant WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Facing strong condemnation at home and abroad, U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday denied using (an expletive) to describe Haiti and African countries, but kept up criticism of a Senate immigration plan that he said would force the United States to admit people from countries that […]
Trump says Western Wall must be part of Israel.
Senior Trump administration officials say Jerusalem’s iconic Western Wall will ultimately have to be declared a part of Israel in any peace agreement between Jews and Palestinians. The announcement essentially rules out any scenario that does not maintain Israeli control over the holiest ground in Judaism. The Western Wall is what remains of the Second Temple constructed by Herod and eventually destroyed by the armies of Rome in the year 70 A.D. Vice President Mike Pence is expected to visit the Wall in January when he travels to the Middle East. The Vice President will also be stopping in Egypt.
- Trump denies vulgar remarks about Haiti, African countries; condemnation mounts
Jan 12, 2018
- Liberia ruling party expels President Johnson Sirleaf
Jan 14, 2018
- The Latest: Man who aided patient says she’s getting care
Jan 12, 2018
- Thirteen siblings found chained in California home; parents charged
Jan 16, 2018
- Majority of U.S. National Park Service board resigns, saying it was ignored
Jan 17, 2018
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Mon, Jan 8, 2018