By Lucia Mutikani WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The campaign of Roy Moore, the Republican candidate for U.S. senator in Alabama who has been accused of sexual misconduct, appealed on Sunday to President Donald Trump’s supporters, saying a vote for Moore would be a vote for Trump’s agenda. In the final days before Tuesday’s special election, opinion […]
U.N. to assess if either side trying to ‘sabotage’ Syria talks
GENEVA (Reuters) – The mediator of U.N.-led Syria talks in Geneva plans to assess next week whether either side is trying to sabotage the talks, he told reporters on Thursday, after President Bashar al-Assad’s negotiators announced they would turn up five days late.
“If, God forbid, because it would be very bad news, we draw the conclusion that one of the two sides is actually…de facto sabotaging the progress and the process of Geneva, that would have a very bad impact on any other political attempt to have processes elsewhere,” Staffan de Mistura said.
(Reporting by Tom Miles; Editing by Angus MacSwan)
- Roy Moore campaign casts Alabama race as referendum on Trump
Dec 11, 2017
- RC Sproul: the founder of Ligonier Ministries has passed away.
Dec 15, 2017
- California wildfire rages toward scenic coastal communities
Dec 11, 2017
- Democrat Doug Jones wins election to US Senate from Alabama
Dec 12, 2017
- American evangelist leads rare event in communist Vietnam
Dec 8, 2017
Editorial CartoonsView More »
Wed, Dec 6, 2017